Mid-term Growth Strategy 2023
The OSAKI Group announced a five-year growth strategy covering a period through the fiscal year ending March 2024 (hereafter, Fiscal 2023.)
The mid-term management strategies include the following:
(1) Expanding Global Business outside of Japan
- Elevate global presence by leveraging existing contracts of smart meters and other hardware business for revenue
- Increase profits by reinforcing solutions and the value proposition such as Solution Ecosystem including HEMS, and Software as a Cloud Service.
- Expand subscription services
(2) Developing value-added smart meters
- Expand smart metering solutions including energy management systems and Automatic Meter Reading services（AMR）
- Develop technologies responsive to new power supply platform expected to launch in the future
(3) Developing new products and services
- Developing and providing new services which will change the living style of people and the business style in society
- Developing and providing new products and services which support the “New power platform using next-generation technologies.”
(4) Building resilient operations structure
- Strengthen group-wide operations in manufacturing and development
- Build strong teams by promoting greater diversity in personnel and training
- Reinforce cost control
- Promote corporate brand
Through the implementation of the aforementioned strategies, the OSAKI Group will elevate global presence in the smart metering solutions market and aims to attain a minimum target of 8% Return of Equity ratio (ROE) in Fiscal 2023.
Expanding Global Business outside of Japan
EDMI is a leading global Smart Energy Solutions provider, dedicated to the design, development and manufacturing of innovative and technologically advanced energy meters and metering systems for the utility industry. Headquartered in Singapore, the company has deployments in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Developing value-added smart meters
Leveraging IoT and AI technologies, the Group is reinforcing solutions business for automated power control and meter reading services.
Automated power-saving system, “Energy Management System”
AMR “Smart Metering System”
Developing new products and services
New lineups of IoT solutions services are offered as “watch series.” Currently, the company offers services to rental apartments and developers, retails, farms and agricultural industries.
Accelerate co-creation of new value with partners at OSAKI’ open innovation laboratory.